German Job Seeker Visa – FAQ
What is Germany Job Seeker Visa?
It is a temporary residency permit issued for non-citizens of the country. The visa allows you to stay and search for an employment in the country for six months period.
What are the eligibility requirements for Germany Job Seeker Visa?
The eligibility requirements for Germany Job Seeker Visa are:
- Must have a graduate degree/Master’s degree
- Need to have at least five years of work experience
- Must show enough proof of funds
- Need to have a medical or travel insurance
- Should have a minimum amount of cash in hand.
What are the steps to apply for Germany Job Seeker Visa?
The steps to apply for Germany Job Seeker Visa are:
- Collect essential documents to submit your application
- Arrange required amount of funds
- Should translate Educational documents to German or English.
- Obtain an appointment from embassy to submit the visa.
- Attend the interview with required documents.
- Pay the fee for the visa.
- Wait for receiving an approval.
When can I obtain my Germany job seeker visa?
For obtaining the Germany Job Seeker Visa after completion of visa process, it is required for the candidate to wait for about 4 to 6 weeks.
Is it mandatory to prove proficiency in IELTS?
Yes, it is required to qualify IELTS with a good score to apply for Germany. Germany has a good number of top institutions, and these institutions prefer students to have a good score in IELTS.
What are the documents required for Germany Job Seeker Visa?
The documents that are required to apply for Germany Job Seeker Visa are:
- Recent passport sized photographs
- Valid passport
- Cover letter declaring your intention for moving to Germany
- Educational Documents
- Bank statements and more.
What are the features of Germany Job Seeker Visa?
The features of Germany Job Seeker Visa are as follows:
- Temporary residence permit/Job Search Permit valid for 6 months
- If obtaining a job within 6 months, then eligible to apply for Germany Work Visa
- If failing to obtain a job, then need to return to the home-land.
What is the cost for Germany Job Seeker Visa?
The visa fee cost for Germany Job Seeker visa are approximately 60 Euros.
How long does it take to process Germany Job Seeker Visa?
For completing the Germany Job Seeker visa process, it usually takes 6-11 weeks of time.
Is German language mandatory for Germany Job Seeker visa?
No, German language is not a mandatory to apply for Job Seeker Visa,. However, having knowledge on the language will be an additional benefit.
Should my occupation be relevant to the field of study?
Yes, it is required to have a minimum of 5 year experience in your related field of education.
What should the cover letter include?
The cover letter you submit to the embassy should include the below information:
- Your purpose for seeking a job in Germany
- Your plans in the country for obtaining an employment
- The time needed to secure your job
- If failing to obtain a job, your statement to return to the home country
- Other information related to your job application
Where should I submit my application?
You need to submit your Germany Job Seeker visa application to the German Embassy Office. After submitting the application, need to book a visa schedule.
What are the top reasons for choosing Germany?
The top reasons for choosing Germany Job Seeker visa are:
- Wide range of career opportunities
- Flexible hours to work
- English is the medium of education
- Good salaries
- Secured environment
- Living at an affordable cost.
Can I extend my job seeker visa?
The visa is valid for 6 months, but if you fail to succeed in obtaining a job, then you can re-apply for the visa by following certain methods.
Are there any specific occupations in demand?
Yes, candidates with who belong to the Science, Technology, Engineering and Medical (STEM) sectors have a special demand in Germany market.
Who takes the final decision on my Germany Job Seeker Visa?
The final decision of the visa application will be taken by the immigration officer. They take the decision based on your submitted application, documents, your reason to apply for the visa, and the opinion obtained on your profile based on the interview.
Is it easy to get a Germany employment?
Yes, it is easy for obtaining a Germany employment if you have the required skilled profile as required by the Germany labour market. Though it is also possible to find a job by stating in a remote land, but it is suggested to move to Germany and find an opportunity for faster employment.
Is Germany Job Seeker Visa a multiple entry visa?
No, Germany Job Seeker visa is a long-term residence permit issued for 6 months. During this period, you are allowed to search and obtain a job by meeting the requirements.
Who can obtain German EU blue card?
To be eligible for German Blue cards, it is essential have a university or college degree and a job contract from a Germany company which pays a minimum of amount of €53,600 per year or meet the skilled labour which is under shortage and have a salary of €41,808 per year or meet the other conditions. These are the conditions as per 2019 and it can vary yearly.
Do you have customer service?
Of course! Our friendly and knowledgeable customer services rep’s are available to answer your questions, all the weekdays Monday – Saturday between 10 AM – 06.30 PM.