Hong Kong QMAS(Quality Migrant Admission Scheme) Visa
Hong Kong also known as “HK” is one of the most sought after immigration destination in the world. It is one of the best countries to live and work. Standard of living is high, and job opportunities are immense.
Besides, the country also has easy to follow and transparent immigration system, number of social and financial benefits with strong but mixed economy. So, it’s not a surprise why hundreds and thousands of people from every corner of the world want to immigrate to HK.
If you are thinking of immigrating to Hong Kong certainly you have taken a wise decision. The country has something or the other for almost people from all walks of life. Hong Kong Quality Migrant Admission Scheme (QMAS) is for ambitious skilled professionals like you.
It is an annual quota based scheme designed to attract skilled professionals who are keen to stay in the country and explore job opportunities or business ideas. In-order to qualify, the applicant must satisfy the basic prerequisites, score maximum points on the point’s grid system and compete with other applicants. It is a cap based scheme, annually, only 1000 applicants are allowed in the country.
The applicant may bring along his/her spouse and unmarried dependent children under the age of 18 years under the Dependent Visa Scheme.
To be able to apply the applicant must successfully follow the following eligibility criteria:
- Age: at the time of submitting the application the applicant must be 18 years old
- Character: the applicant must be of good character with no criminal background. The applicant must also provide Police Clearance Certificate of all the countries he/she has travelled in the last 10 years
- Financial stability: applicant must be financially strong to cover his/her stay that of accompanying family member in HK. For the same he/she needs to submit financial documents such as bank statement of the last six years, salary slip if employed etc.
- Language proficiency: applicant must be fluent in either English or Chinese. It’s an added advantage if the applicant is fluent in Chinese language i.e. Reading, Spoken and Listening.
- Qualification: applicants with good education background are preferred the most.
Ideally, an applicant must hold at-least first class under graduate degree from recognized university or college or else the applicant must be technically smart, his/her achievements and experience is taken into consideration.
It’s a point based system, Once the applicant meets the minimum eligibility criteria the applicant must score the minimum passing marks. The minimum pass mark is subject to change without any prior notice.
Points are given on the basis of various factors such as age, qualification, experience, language proficiency and other factors such as spouse qualification and number of children and their age.
The minimum passing mark is 80 out of 165
The achievement based point test is designed to attract foreign professionals with distinctive skills and talent and excellent achievement in their field. Applicants can score points on the basis of following factors
- Receiving awards for distinctive achievement such as Olympic medal or Nobel prize
- Getting acknowledgment for significant contribution in a particular field. A life time achievement is a perfect example
Note:- even qualified business professionals and self employed people are eligible to apply for QMAS visa.
If you want to seek more information on the subject write an email on info@canauzoverseas