Education in abroad is a dream for many students. Considering the living expenses and visa fee charges, most of them don’t aim to make their dreams into reality. But, what if a top destination offers education at an affordable fee structure and living expenses? Yes, Mauritius is one such destination offering many opportunities for an international student to study and live. By obtaining the Mauritius student visa, a student can experience many benefits and lead a unique lifestyle at a reputed destination.
If you are aiming to study in Mauritius, then this blog is a guide for you to understand about Mauritius Student Visa.
What is Mauritius Student Visa?
Mauritius student visa is a permit that enables a non-citizen of the country to study full-time or part-time in a tertiary educational institution that is registered with a Tertiary Education Commission, or in a Technical and Vocational Educational and Training (TVET) institution registered with the Mauritius Qualifications Authority.
It is essential for the candidate who is willing to study in Mauritius to achieve a seat in the Tertiary Educational Institution or a TVET institution registered with the Tertiary Education Commission or the Mauritius Qualification Authority.
Once the Mauritius Student visa obtained, a student will be declared for many great benefits.
What are the top benefits with Mauritius Student Visa?
The top benefits which can be enjoyed by a non-citizen on Mauritius Study visa are:
- Students can experience the best standards of quality education.
- The tuition fee requirements are affordable.
- Mauritius does not mandate a student to clarify the IELTS test.
- There are no hurdles for communicating in Mauritius as global languages like English and French are acceptable.
- Students are granted permission to work along with their education.
- Professional experience can be achieved along with academic courses.
- Can develop positive socio-economic status.
- The living costs are affordable.
Mauritius is beneficial for an international student in many best ways. However, to achieve the benefits, it is important to meet the eligibility requirements and qualify for the student visa.
What are the eligibility requirements for Mauritius Student Visa?
For a non-citizen, who is planning to enrol for one or more education programs in a recognized tertiary education institution or TVET institute on full-time bases in Mauritius it is mandatory to meet the below requirements:
- Should get enrolled in one or more programs on a fulltime basis in an institute that is accredited with MITD, and register specific modules for at least two semesters.
- Should apply for a full-time course which can eventually lead to a diploma or a certificate for an academic year.
- Need to get enrolled for a full-time or part-time undergraduate level program in an accredited institution.
- Should get enrolled for a full-time or part-time post-graduate level program in a registered institution.
- Must be a non-Mauritian individual for conducting post-doctoral research.
- Should study in the country for an exchange program of other tertiary education institutes for more than a year.
Once you prove your eligibility by applying for an institution, you are now required to apply for the visa by providing essential documents.
What are the Documents required for the Mauritius Study visa?
The documents which are required while applying for the Mauritius visa are:
- Should fill and submit the “Application to Enter Mauritius” Form.
- Need to provide recent passport-sized photographs.
- Photocopy of your passport’s bio-data pages.
- The letter which declares your admission in a recognized institution or TVET institution.
- The complete details of the course duration, the confirmation obtained from the Tertiary education commission or Mauritius Qualifications Authority.
- Evidence that you have sufficient fund requirements to study and live in the country.
- Medical certificates that prove you are not affected with any disease and are healthy to live in the country.
What is the processing time for Mauritius Study Visa?
On behalf of the student, Mauritius mandates for the institutions through which a student is being enrolled apply to the PIO or the Passport and Immigration Office. Usually, the application process takes 2-3 weeks. After it gets approved, the PIO grants the student with a provisional entry permit. This will be valid for three months and candidates have to enter within this period. Once the student gets into Mauritius, it is important to go for a medical check-up, so that it declares you are fit and healthy to live in the country.
What is the visa cost of the Mauritius Student visa?
Mauritius offers excellent visa fee structures and living expenses. The living costs are much affordable for a non-citizen to live in the country. And, the fee requirements for the Mauritius student visa process can vary based on the level of the course and the college chosen for the education.
How to apply for Mauritius Student Visa?
Is education in Mauritius your dream? The only way to make your dream come true is by applying for a Mauritius Student visa. Contact the visa experts of CanAuz Overseas Careers either by calling at 8688316151 or drop your query at email@example.com.