Permanent resident / PR visa’s are long-term visas that help a candidate and his family to reside as permanent residents in an international country. This visa is generally granted for 5 years with an extension benefit. Most countries are offering these based upon skills and experience of a candidate in the most high-in demand occupations.
Indian nationals can apply for the following permanent resident visas:
Canada Immigration / PR
The PR visa of Canada is World’s First Visa to be issued under a points based system. Irrespective of whether you have a job in Canada or not, you can apply for this visa, get 67 points for factors like your age, education, work experience, etc. and obtain this visa under a simple electronic-platform based process.
You can apply for this visa under the following categories:
- Canada Federal Skilled Worker Visa – for skilled workers who have high demand in Canada and are able to meet the eligibility requirements of settling there.
- Canada Federal Traders Worker Visa – for skilled traders who have certification and skills in a specific trade and wish to take up a trade occupation in the country after fulfilling the eligibility requirements.
- Canadian Experience Class – for candidates who already have a Canadian work experience and are either residing in Canada on a temporary resident visa or intend to reapply for Canada immigration with their Canadian experience.
- Provincial Nominee Programs – for candidates who are highly talented and have the ability to secure a nomination from a Candian province where their profile demand is high.
Australia Immigration / PR
The PR visa of Australia is also issued under a points based system. The applicant is required to secure 65 points of 100 to get this visa. These points can be claimed for factors like work, education, English language skills, etc. This visa is also to be applied via electronic platform.
You can apply for this visa under the follow categories:
- Skilled Independent Visa – for skilled workers who have a high demand in Australia and are able to meet the eligibility requirements of settling there.
- Skilled Nominated Visa – for candidates who are highly talented and have the ability to secure a sponsorship (nomination) from an Australia state where their profile demand is high.
- Skilled Regional (Provisional) Visa – for candidates who have talent most required by an Australian territory or region and who choose the candidate to sponsor their immigration